October – November 2016 Newsletter
Fellow Legionnaires & SAL members: our winners for the drawing for this newsletter are 103584147, 203447961 & 103583906. If one of these numbers is yours contact Jane Joas at 269-4273 or Gil Ahtonen at 583-3020. A certificate to be used at the Legion will be sent to you.
LAST CALL: Walter Ketter, Korean War era veteran and 27 year member of American Legion. Joel Luedtke, Vietnam era veteran and 33 year member of American Legion. Bob Weninger, Korean War era veteran and 16 year member of American Legion. Don Unferth, WWII veteran, and 71 year member of American Legion.
REMINDER SAL MEMBERS: Yearly dues have increased to $9.50 for 2017.
AMERICAN LEGION POST 237 Scholarship raffle:
- July – Robert Langjahr & Mike Martin
- August – Ben Whitty & Eric Ebert
- September – Dick Galow & Shawn Daniels
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Wednesday, October 26th,: Baked Chicken Dinner. Hours 4 – 8 PM.
- Sunday, October 30th; Childrens Halloween Party. Hours 5 – 7 PM
- Sunday, November 13th, Legion Baseball Breakfast.
- Saturday, November 19th, Craft Fair, Hours 9 – 4 PM
- Saturday, December 10th. LEGION POST 347 Christmas party. Cocktails at 5, Dinner at 6.
SANTA CLAUS will be at our Legion Post every Friday December up till Christmas.
DINNER WITH SANTA for the children will be Friday December 23rd during Fish Fry.
WHAT’S NEW INSIDE THE LEGION!!!!
- We’ve added a new office to be used by the commander and our kitchen manager. It was thought necessary to move all our office management work in house.
- We also have been able to shut down one of our walk in coolers and removed a slide door refrigerator in order to cut utility costs.
- We’ve also hired a new bartender, Jeannine Ernsberger from Brownville, WI.
WE NEED NAMES, addresses where presently residing and birthdates of all legions members in nursing homes or hospitals, etc. for us to stay up to date with our records. Please send this information to American Legion Post 347, 412 Pleasant Hill Ave, Lomira WI. 53048, % of our Adjutant Gil Ahtonen.
This next week we are starting our membership drive to get any and all eligible veterans to join up with our American Legion Post 347. On October 22nd, we will be making a team effort to contact these veterans and encourage them to join.
Our next membership meeting is October 20, 2016 Doors are open at 5:45 PM. Drinks are $1.00, Sodas $.50. A $1.00 raffle is also run at the meeting. Meeting starts at 6:00 PM.
Would also like to see more of our members patronizing the Legion. Help support us at our membership meetings and at our Friday Night Fish Fry. We are open every Friday night from 4 – 9. Bar has been newly remodeled in January and we think you would enjoy our new, more comfortable atmosphere.